I have come to believe that the reason most people don't reach their goals is because of the person that greets them every morning, staring back at them in the mirror. People who don't stay on track with their goals somehow get in their own way.
Below are 10 strategies I have observed people use to NOT achieve their goals:
1. Make sure your goals are vague or better yet, don’t make any.
2. Talk a lot about what you are going to do, but make sure your actions are minimal.
3. Keep a sharp eye for barriers and obstacles.
4. Don’t appreciate what you already have.
5. Focus on your weaknesses.
6. Only work at your goals when you feel like it.
7. Focus on what others think of you.
8. Dwell on your past accomplishments and failures.
9. Lack both self-control and discipline.
10. Blame all of your "problems"—big and small—on others; if you can’t be specific, blame "society."
BONUS: Quit as soon as things get hard.
What strategies do you use to NOT reach your goals? Please add to the conversation—comment below or on Twitter at @gregbellspeaks.